Education & Training
- State Fire School—130 years of tradition
- Classroom and hands on
- Business Meeting for Exchange of Information
- Develop Lifelong Networking Connections
- District Fire Schools
- Provide financial assistance to the seven districts
- To host local education opportunities
- 100% Membership provides $10,000 of Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
- Member is eligible to purchase an additional $50,000 for a low cost.
- Our policy covers you on or off fire duty.
We are making great strides to improve coverage’s to the applicants / fire fighters. The policy period will be 1/1/2017-12/31/2017. The 12 month premium will be $45.00 per $50,000k per member. Amounts up to $250,000 can now be purchased in increments of $50,000 for the Supplemental AD&D, $45.00 per $50k of desired amount, up to $250,000 death benefit.
Example: Firefighter wants $150,000 AD&D death benefit
$45.00 per 50k: $150,000/50,000 = 3
$45.00 x 3 = $135 total premium for a death benefit of $150,000 for the firefighter.
Feel free to email me or call me if you have any questions, 605-280-6383 or email@example.com
Discount Drug Network
YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE A FIREFIGHTER TO USE IT!!! Family, friends, neighbors, ANYONE can use it.
Simply print off the card below, and present it at your local pharmacy when you purchase your prescriptions. It may save you money on hundreds of commonly used prescription drugs. For each prescription purchase, a small amount is donated back to the SDFA in support of association programs.
- We are here to be your watchdog on any fire related issue.
- Our lobbyist has been working for us for over 15 years. Helping us enact beneficial laws, programs.
- Provide two high school students with $1000 scholarships
SD Firefigher Newspaper
- We publish a monthly newspaper which keeps our 100% membership up-to-date on fire events throughout the State.
- The newspaper is sent to all State Legislators, the congressional delegation, Governor and Secretary of Public Safety and Agriculture.